Question: How close can your camera get and be able to focus properly?
Close Framing Film Project:
Close framing Digital Project:
The process: Assignment Instructions
- Photograph your subjects according to the project (above). Try different angles, and/or lighting set-ups/attempts.
- DEVELOP Film, SCAN film SAVE the scans in a folder named ‘firstlast_closeframingFilm’ as numbered JPEG files. You can use the Batch Rename feature in Bridge here.
- Enhance your photos accordingly (fix dust and scratches, Contrast, brightness, tones, and crop)
- Save a JPG version for printing: 8X10, 300 dpi Save these using a logical, easily identifiable and logical name.
- Save a version for the web
- Open the image
- Go to File>save for web & devices
- Choose JPG Medium from the presets menu on the upper right.
- Change the width of the image to 600 and keep the proportions the same. The height should change if you click outside.
- Click Save and save to a folder for posting to Tumblr.
- Assemble and publish your blog post.
Photography Evaluation Criteria:
All photography you post on your blog (enhanced printed and published images) will be held up to these
- Photographs will have a sharp focus. – 10%
- Photographs will have very few dust and scratches – 10%
- Photographs will be corrected for color and contrast – 10%
- Photographs will be neatly printed or professionally posted on the blog (8×10, centered, with name if printed) – 10%
- Photographs will be original work and visually appealing – 10%
- Digital Contact sheet(s) of 12 of your original images – 10%
- Blogger Post- 40%
- Description or introduction that provides a context of the project
- 3 or 4 enhanced JPGs cropped to 1000px across and a resolution of 72dpi
- An objective review of the project outcomes, photography, photographer’s performance and a self critique.
- Self assessment points assigned
- Using the film SLR camera
- Develop the film
- Scanning the developed negatives
- Enhance the selected images using Photoshop
- Lay out and post your contact sheet and the final three enhances images to Tumblr, see below.
Deliverables for completion , submission and grading:In A Blog Post For each (Film and Digital), include:
- A description of the project, What you were asked to do, and how you achieved it. Include What you like, What you didn’t like, and what you would do different.
- 3 or 4 enhanced photos, saved for the web, no wider than 600px (see table at the top of this page)
- Data Captions under each photo with the data from the shot, ie: Aperture (F3.5), Shutter speed (1/125) and the ISO (ISO 400)
- A review of your results, please include the following.
- Your contact sheet(s) with the original 12 images that were scanned from the negatives or uploaded, no duplicates please.
- Tag the post #mhsphoto, #mhscloseframing, and #mhsphotoboothby
Video Resources for the Project:
Saving for web and devices
You can also watch this one…