Question: How can you make you photos more interesting?
Close Framing Film Project:
Close framing Digital Project:
The Process: Assignment Procedure
- Photograph your subjects according to the project outlined above.
- Each subject should be photographed 3-4 times
- try different angles, distances and lighting (if you can control it)
- DEVELOP Film, SCAN film SAVE the scans in a folder for this project named something that makes sense to the project. You can use the Batch Rename feature in Bridge here.
- Enhance your photos accordingly (fix dust and scratches, Contrast, brightness, tones, and crop)
- Save a JPG version for printing: 8X10, 300 dpi Save these using a logical, easily identifiable and logical name.
- Save a version for the web
- Open the image
- Go to File>save for web & devices
- Choose JPG Medium from the presets menu on the upper right.
- Change the width of the image to 600 and keep the proportions the same. The height should change if you click outside.
- Click Save and save to a folder for posting to Tumblr.
- Assemble and publish your blog post.
Photography Evaluation Criteria:
All photography you post on your blog (enhanced printed and published images) will be held up to these
- Photographs will have a sharp focus. – 10%
- Photographs will have very few dust and scratches – 10%
- Photographs will be corrected for color and contrast – 10%
- Digital Contact sheet(s) of 12 of your original images – 20 pts
- Blog Post- 55 points
- Introduction that provides an overview of the project.
- 3 or 4 enhanced JPGs cropped to 1000px across and a resolution of 72dpi, professionally presented, and include camera data in the captions
- An objective review of the project outcomes, photography, photographer’s performance and a self critique.
- Self assessment points assigned
Deliverables for completion , submission and grading:In A Blog Post For each (Film and Digital), include:
- An introduction that describes what you were expected to do.
- A description of the project, What was the process and some things that you did to achieve your results.
- 3 or 4 enhanced photos, saved for the web, no wider than 600px (see table at the top of this page)
- Data Captions under each photo with the data from the shot, ie: Aperture (F3.5), Shutter speed (1/125) and the ISO (ISO 400)
- A review or critique of your results, please include the following- What you like, What you didn’t like, and what you would do different.
- Your contact sheet(s) with the original 12 images that were scanned from the negatives or uploaded, no duplicates please.
- Tag or label the post #mhsphoto, #mhscloseframing, and #mhsphotoboothby
Video Resources for the Project:
Saving for web and devices
You can also watch this one…